What is Art Alliance Austin?
Art Alliance Austin connects the community with contemporary visual arts in Austin.
We work collaboratively with artists, museums, curators, and galleries to create a diverse and powerful series of programming which highlights Austin as a visual arts capital. Art Alliance Austin supports and contributes to the growth, prominence, and sustainability of Austin’s art scene – ultimately contributing to Austin’s creative culture.
• Art City Austin: Fine Arts Festival – Art Alliance Austin’s 3-day art fair, the city’s largest annual visual arts festival
• Austin Art Weekly – a free and comprehensive weekly summary of highlighted, current, and upcoming events in the local art scene
• ARTBASH – Art Alliance Austin’s biggest membership drive and fundraiser of the year, a unique and immersive kick-off party for EAST
• Austin Art Breaks – An intimate, monthly behind-the-scenes look at local galleries, private collections and artist studios
• PechaKucha Nights – a local chapter of the global phenomenon, PechaKucha is a series of brief 6-minute talks lead by local presenters in the creative industry featuring artists, musicians, architects, filmmakers, writers, photographers, entrepreneurs, city shapers and local personalities
• Art Austin – A 17-year-old coalition of prominent Austin galleries, museums, art spaces, and art events – as well as an annual printed guide including this aforementioned collection.
• Art Outreach – bringing visual art to the local community through seasonal curated programming and collaboration
Who are we?
We have deep roots, yet run on the energy and passion of entrepreneurs – call us a 68-year-old startup. We’re a staff of three, with the backing of a dedicated board, and a multitude of volunteers. We’re a bootstrapped organization that has a broad mix of earned and contributed revenue.
Art Alliance and our supporters are dedicated to ensuring that the Austin of tomorrow reflects the contemporary and vibrant city that we all envision and want to live in. We believe that Austin should not just be the live music capital of the world but also be the best city for contemporary art in Texas.
Art Alliance Austin is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We rely on you to make all that we do possible. Please consider becoming a member today, enjoy the benefits and exclusive events that accompany membership, and know that you’re helping us do the work necessary to support the Austin art community.
Want to help? Here’s how you can:
- Become a member: Learn more about membership here.
- Donate: Donations can be made here.
- Volunteer: Interested in volunteering? Contact us at email@example.com for current opportunities.
- Tell a friend and share our work on social media: facebook, instagram, and twitter
WHERE DOES YOUR SUPPORT GO?
It goes right into our programming. We’re growing in order to enhance and expand current programming and if things go well we’ve got new programming partnerships lined up.
Interested in learning more? Contact Patricia Shults.
Donors / Members
R. Michael Anderson
Paul & Ilene Barr
Barbara and Jim Bearden
S Nicholson Brorby
Brenda & Darrell David
Mary Ellen Farrar
Dora I Guzman Ramos
Kristin & Mary Johnson
Nina & Matthew Mitchell
Rick & Jo Ann Reyna
A C Teitelman
Wendy Dunnam Tita
Jean-Pierre Verdijo Verdijo
Art Alliance Austin Staff
Patricia Shults is the Executive Director of Art Alliance Austin. She oversees the vision as well as the overall management of the organization.
Andrea Hyland is the Program and Events Manager and manages programming and events for the organization. Andrea’s exceptional event production experience includes both large and intimate events varying from curated exhibitions to large fundraising events. Andrea has previously worked with Art Alliance Austin as the curator for ARTBASH 2015 and collaborated with artists locally and from across the country where she proved her talent in creating captivating events that engage new audiences with contemporary art. Andrea is from Springfield, Massachusetts and moved to Austin in 2007. She earned her BFA in Studio Art from the University of Texas at Austin.
Ashlee Pryor is the Digital Marketing & Community Manager of Art Alliance Austin. She manages the structure for community building VIA social media as well as overseeing coordination of membership endeavors. Originally from Harlingen, Texas, she moved to Austin in 2010. In addition to managing our digital marketing, she is also the Social Media Coordinator for ColdTowne Theater on Airport Blvd.
Support Our Efforts
Your support through membership, donations, and volunteering enables Art Alliance Austin to engage people with great art and allows us to respond quickly and effectively to new ideas that you wish to see happen. Join or renew your membership with a simple online membership form. Like us on Facebook too!
Art Alliance Austin is funded in part by board trustees, members, and patrons. Additional support is provided by the National Endowment for the Arts, which believes that a great nation deserves great art.
Art Alliance Austin projects are funded and supported in part by a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts and in part by the City of Austin Economic Growth & Redevelopment Services Office/Cultural Arts Division, believing an investment in the Arts is an investment in Austin’s future.