What is Art Alliance Austin?
Art Alliance Austin connects the community with contemporary visual arts in Austin.
We work collaboratively with artists, museums, curators, and galleries to create a diverse and powerful series of programming which highlights Austin as a visual arts capital. Art Alliance Austin supports and contributes to the growth, prominence, and sustainability of Austin’s art scene – ultimately contributing to Austin’s creative culture.
• Art City Austin: Fine Arts Festival – Art Alliance Austin’s 3-day art fair, the city’s largest annual visual arts festival, hosted for over 68 consecutive years
• Austin Art Weekly – Delivered directly to your inbox each week, a listing of free, public openings in Austin. Sign up here.
• ARTBASH – Hosted each November during EAST Austin Studio Tour, ARTBASH is a curated exhibition with artists talks and offering a unique immersion experience
• Austin Art Breaks – An intimate behind-the-scenes visit with local galleries, private collections and artist studios
• PechaKucha Nights – the local chapter of the global phenomenon, PechaKucha is a series of brief 6-minute talks lead by local presenters in the creative industry featuring artists, musicians, architects, filmmakers, writers, photographers, entrepreneurs, city shapers and local personalities
• Art Austin – Printed directory of Museums+Galleries+Art Spaces distributed to 10,000 art enthusiast – also available online. Visit one of our partners (link to ArtAustin.org) to pick up your guide.
Who are we?
Art Alliance Austin is a non-profit organization whose long history and dedication to the visual arts has ensured that art and creativity have a place at the core of Austin.
As our community has experienced rapid growth and popularity, we strive to put art and artists at the forefront of Austin’s very attractive identity. We do this by creating opportunities for the investment in arts, marketing and promoting visual arts, and hosting events that showcase Austin as a city that is proud for its art culture.
Art Alliance Austin is led by a volunteer Board of Directors with a diversity of backgrounds and interests, all of whom are deeply invested in art.
Art Alliance Austin is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We rely on you to make all that we do possible. We rely on our donors and sponsors to make all that we do possible. Please support our work by making an investment. YOU can make a difference within our Austin art community.
Want to help? Here’s how you can:
- Donate: Donations can be made here.
- Volunteer: Interested in volunteering? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for current opportunities.
- Tell a friend and share our work on social media: facebook, instagram, and twitter
WHERE DOES YOUR SUPPORT GO?
Your tax-deductible donation will help support our programs, including Art City Austin, Art Breaks, PechaKucha, and the production of the ArtAustin.org Brochure. You will also support our ability to directly commission work from Austin Artists to showcase during our events.
Interested in learning more? Contact Patricia Shults.
Art Alliance Austin Team
Patricia Shults, Executive Director, has a deep background in business counseling and nonprofit management and is certificated from the Institute of Organizational Management. Patricia has created and managed a start-up nonprofit serving at risk youth that included arts programming as curriculum. She has worked at Chambers of Commerce and in Economic Development. Patricia has co-written an art curriculum for elementary students, Art Smart.
Board of Directors
Eric Hiduke, Eric Hiduke Attorney at Law, Chair
Sally Hartman, Brorby, Crozier & Dobie, P.C., Vice Chair
Ryan Bennett, Frost Bank, Treasurer
Bryan Cady, DEN Property Group
Anne Johnson, Armadillo Christmas Bazaar
Antonio Madrid, ICON Design + Build
Joel Sumner, National Instruments
Jade Walker, Visual Artist
Lisa Woods, Creative Director/Curator of Hopscotch
Art Alliance Austin projects are funded and supported in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department, believing an investment in the Arts is an investment in Austin’s future.