PechaKucha Nights are informal and fun gatherings where creative people get together and share their ideas, works, thoughts, holiday snaps — just about anything, really. PechaKucha Austin is produced by Art Alliance Austin and organized by a curatorial board led by Lana McGilvray and DJ Stout. Herman Dyal and Carla Fraser are founders of the Austin chapter.
PechaKucha [ or ペチャクチャ translated as “chit-chat”] is a series of brief 6-minute talks from presenters in the creative industry including artists, musicians, architects, filmmakers, writers, entrepreneurs, and local personalities. Each presenter shows 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The presentations are not a pitch, but a format to share insights and stories.
The PechaKucha presentation format was devised by Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham of Klein Dytham architecture. The first PechaKucha Night was held in Tokyo in February 2003. Klein Dytham architecture still organizes and supports the global PechaKucha Night network and organize PechaKucha Night Tokyo.
Date: October 11, doors at 7:20pm, starts at 8:20, ends around 10:20pm
Location: 2003 Wheless Lane Austin Tx 78723
1. Herman Dyal – Architect and City Shaper
2. Gretchen Harries Graham – Educator and Writer
3. Dave McClinton – Graphic Designer/Artist
4. Refugee Project (Aaron Weiss, Jess Archer and Ashley St. Clair) – Art Collaborators
5. Brian Beattie – Musician/Producer
6. Randal Ford – Photographer Photographer
7. Sarah N. Evans – Activist
8. Dale Whistler – Artist/Sculptor
9. Merlin Tuttle – Batman
10. Mélat Kassa– Musician
Check out the video below to catch a glimpse of Pech Kucha #32 and don’t miss out on #33!