Houston Art Trip 2016
September 29th through October 1st
Join Art Alliance Austin on a tour of the Texas Contemporary Art Fair, the Houston Art Fair, and a selection of Houston galleries and art spaces.
We will leave Austin on Thursday, September 29th in the afternoon and spend two days exploring both art fairs and galleries in Houston, the third largest art market in the U.S. Join us for private tours and get an exclusive look into each fair.
Texas Contemporary’s sixth edition will celebrate the fair’s extraordinary development, marking the five years during which Texas Contemporary has grown into an international influencer and a powerful representation of the artistic patronage that is so inherent to the city of Houston.
The fair’s sixth edition marks the return of Texas Contemporary’s celebrated focus section The Other Mexico, this year featuring five emerging spaces from four different cities Mexico City, Guadalajara, Oaxaca, and Monterrey including Parallel Oaxaca, Lulu, and Fifi Projects. The program highlights Houston’s special ties to the galleries, artists, collectors, and tastemakers of Mexico and South America.
The Houston Art Fair aspires to reflect Houston’s sophisticated and diverse collecting practices, where art enthusiasts will encounter an international cross-section of works in all media – from past to present. The fair will feature modern and contemporary masters, mid-career and emerging artists from around the globe. HAF also features memorable onsite installations and special projects, plus an invigorating program of panel discussions and events designed for both novice and experienced collectors. In just five years, HAF has established itself as the premiere art fair in the South (outside of Miami). In 2015, the fair attracted by far, the largest turnout of fairgoers than any other fair in the southern region (12,000 attendees).
- Transportation to and from Austin in a luxury bus with drinks and snacks. Transportation to and from the hotel to the fair and scheduled excursions.
- 2 nights at the four star ZaZa Hotel in the Houston Museum District. Continental breakfast each morning.
- Friday night Dinner at Benjy’s in their private wine room.
- VIP Patron ticket to the Texas Contemporary Art Fair and VIP party on Thursday evening.
- Private Gallery Tours and a private tour of the Texas Contemporary Fair with the fair founders.
- Click here for the full Houston Art Trip 2016 itinerary.
- Click here to complete the registration form for the Houston Art Trip 2016.
To secure your space a $300 non-refundable deposit is required by August 25th and payment in full is required by September 15th.
Double Occupancy – $800 per person
Single Occupancy – $1,000 per person
Both prices include a $200 tax deductible donation to Art Alliance Austin.
The trip is limited to 22 guests and requires a minimum of 12 guests to make. If all spaces are filled we will have a waiting list.
Please contact Holly McDaniel; hmcdaniel(@)artallianceaustin.org with questions. Click here to complete the registration form.